Saturday, February 12, 2011

Contemporary Ceramic Vessels

Fantasy ... Fantasy


I remember in my youth (there are very, very long ...) to have heard discussions between 'major' - the Christians 'sincere' who discussed the value of the fantasy world. Some say we should not give books kind of fantastic, magical, magical to her children - not because it could lead to occultism, but because it concerned the non-real - so something that was not created by God.

Something like this ... I think there was an exception for the mere fiction 'realistic', but I'm not sure.

Today, this kind of reasoning "'logic' but completely devoid of common sense" sounded the general alarm at home. Station guru!

But lately I thought about this story, because I realized that cultivating the imagination in our children is a necessity if we want to teach the golden rule . Because I observed that people who are least able to "do unto others as they would like doing them" are those who can not "get to the place of another," they don ' come not to project into a reality other than their own.

And they are unimaginative.

So do not be afraid of Ents, they are nice!
I Have vague recollections, from Way Back When, of listening in on 'grown up' discussions Between Christians Who Were Debating the Merits (gold OTHERWISE) of fantasy and fiction. Some of Them That You Should not Give Maintained fantasy books to your children to read - not because they risked falling into occultism, but because fantasy concerns non-real worlds, not the world that God created for us to live in.

I think there was an exception for 'normal' fiction, but I'm not sure.

Nowadays that kind of "'logical' but completely devoid of common sense" thinking sets off my air-raid sirens.

I was reminded of these discussions recently because I realised that it is essential to cultivate our children's imaginations if we want to teach them the Golden Rule . I've observed over time that the people who are the worse at "doing unto others as they'd like to have them done to" are those who can't "put themselves In Another's Shoes ": They Can not project onto Themselves Someone else's reality.

Empathy Is Impossible Without imagination.

So, do not fear the Ents, they're here to help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment